Drowning in tinsel and lights every Christmas, Michael and Caroline Anderson throw the year’s biggest party at their house. But this year, with Michael jobless and Caroline’s store struggling, that tradition may end. The Andersons decide to host a very different kind of party and, in the process, rediscover what’s most important about the holiday.
|Release Date||:||December 9, 2016|
|Genres||:||TV Movie, Family, Comedy|
|Production Company||:||Marvista Entertainment, ION Television|
|Production Countries||:||United States of America|
|Writers||:||Michael Feifer, Bonnie Hallman, Lyn Woodward|
|Casts||:||Christy Carlson Romano, George Stults, Julie Brown, Barry Livingston, Kathleen Gati, Caia Coley, Ion Overman, Dale Godboldo, Luke Judy, Savannah Judy, Kannon Kurowski, Rene Michelle Aranda|
This film is so unrealistic, it's impossible to "suspend disbelief".
Michael appears to come from humble beginnings, yet his father runs a law firm.
Michael is a partner at a law firm (and owns 49% of it), yet his father (who owns the other 51%?) simply fires him and leaves him without any income. (I'm not sure how partnerships in law firms work in the US, but I assume Michael would get some "dividend income" as he still owned 49% of the firm.)
For a film like this to work, there really needs to be a sense of "we've just lost our income and we're over indebted, what on earth are we going to do?" Yet any problem that is thrown up (e.g. being sued for emotional distress caused by a product bought from Caroline's "Bubbles" store) is easily resolved.
And Michael's character seems to be all over the place: from humble through jerk to compassionate.
The only redeeming feature is Christy Carlson Romano's performance as Caroline.